Step back in time…..and embrace the pure energy of Bhutan…as we travel over spectacular mountain passes, through valley floors and onto ancient cities where you will experience a mixture of modern development alongside ancient traditions. Climb up to one of the most famous of Bhutan’s monasteries, perched on the side of a cliff 900m above the Paro floor.
It is said that the guru Rinpoche arrived here on the back of a tigress and meditated at this monastery and hence it is called “Tigers Nest”. Famous for its incredible art, treasures, spirituality and buddhism this journey will be a precious moment in time as you explore the monasteries, interact with the people and learn to listen to your inner self as you reconnect with the wisdom shared throughout this wonderful land. Having opened its borders for the first time less than 40 years ago it has gained an almost mystical status as a real life Shangri-la with emphasis on spiritual growth of its people, the preservation of nature and the stunning monasteries scattered through its lands and most importantly the happiness and welfare of its people.
We have so many magical experiences awaiting you on our very special spiritual pilgrimage through the Kingdom of the “Thunder Dragon”.
Join me on this 13 day adventure, led by Tshering who has been guiding for over 23 years and is considered one of the senior guides in the kingdom. He is highly respected and extremely knowledgeable with a wonderful sense of humour. He has guided many National Geographic Photography Tours so you are in the best of hands. We have negotiated opportunities for you to shoot during ceremonies and also with locals, which will be fantastic.
1. Your workshop fee is all-inclusive. Just book your flight to Bangkok and we take care of the rest. We'll book your flight to Bhutan even. We greet you at the airport, put your luggage in our private vehicle, and drive you around this amazing country. From there ALL your luxury accommodation, gourmet meals, and transportation costs are taken care of.
Other workshops offer a cheaper price perhaps. But when you read the inclusions, you’ll find that the fee only includes tuition. On top of that you need to pay for your vehicle hire, drive yourself to the workshop, pay for your own accommodation, your food, your drinks, etc. We don’t believe in misleading you - just offering you the best experience at the best price.
2. You’ll get to all the right places at the right times with ample time to photograph each location. Our itinerary is very carefully planned to have you get the very best photographs from the workshop. We will maximise your time so that you see the best that the region has to offer in the precious time you’ve taken to join us. If you were to do this on your own, it would take several weeks to find the best locations at the best times of day.
3. You’re NOT one of 20 people on the workshop, lost in the crowd and not having your questions answered. Unfortunately I’ve seen and heard this far too often. You don’t want to be waiting for hours in line to get your shot and potentially miss the shot altogether.
Our small group of just 8 participants means that you won’t be waiting hours. Because Tom is there to guide you - and NOT take photographs for himself - you’ll receive one-on-one tuition whenever you need it. He will assist you with getting the very best from your camera, helping you with light and composition, and teaching you his latest techniques.
4. Small groups mean a strong camaraderie amongst the participants is formed early. Because our groups are small - 6 to 8 participants on each workshop - and because we travel together, friendships form quickly. We all have a fantastic time and because we share the love of photography, there’s always plenty to talk and laugh about. Many friendships have blossomed from our workshops and will continue for many years to come.
5. Our workshops are just that - a workshop not a tour. A tour will take you to the location and leave you to your own devices. Your own your own to find the right places to photograph and get it right in your camera. A workshop is more practical - we’ll take you to the best locations at the right time. But we’ll also show you where the best places are to shoot, and photograph along side you to show you what we’re capturing as a guide for your image making. We’ll be there to assist you with your photograph every step of the way - from setting up your tripod to downloading your images and offering helpful camera and post-processing techniques. That way you’ll come away from our workshop with the best photographs possible.
PROCESSING YOUR IMAGES
When I started photo workshops back in 2005, there were very few people running them.
These days it seems that everyone is doing them!!
So why go on a photo workshop??
Here's my list of TOP 10 reasons to come on my photo workshops:
CALL ME on (03) 8678 1780 - I'd love to talk with you more about the workshops.