The midnight sun reigns supreme, the bird colonies are teeming with life and the peaks of the dramatic mountain ranges are beautifully snow-covered. The ice still keeps the islands in its grip and we can admire the ever-changing ice formations. Spring has arrived and summer is just around the corner.
We stay one night in a hotel in Longyearbyen and spend seven nights on board our comfortable expedition ship while exploring Svalbard’s magical coastlines in search for walruses, whales, Arctic foxes and polar bears. This Arctic pearl has fascinated explorers for centuries, starting with Willem Barentzs, who discovered the main island Spitsbergen in 1596.
• Explore Svalbard’s magical coastlines in search for walruses, whales, Arctic foxes and polar bears.
• Svalbard offers the visitor countless spectacular fjords. During our journey we will explore a few of them.
1. Your workshop fee is all-inclusive. Just book your flight to Longyearbyen and we take care of the rest. We'll book your flight to Longyearbyen even. From there ALL your luxury accommodation, gourmet meals, and transportation costs are taken care of.
Other workshops offer a cheaper price perhaps. But when you read the inclusions, you’ll find that the fee only includes tuition. On top of that you need to pay for your vehicle hire, drive yourself to the workshop, pay for your own accommodation, your food, your drinks, etc. We don’t believe in misleading you - just offering you the best experience at the best price.
2. You’ll get to all the right places at the right times with ample time to photograph each location. Our itinerary is very carefully planned to have you get the very best photographs from the workshop. We will maximise your time so that you see the best that the region has to offer in the precious time you’ve taken to join us. If you were to do this on your own, it would take several weeks to find the best locations at the best times of day.
3. You’re NOT one of 20 people on the workshop, lost in the crowd and not having your questions answered. Unfortunately I’ve seen and heard this far too often. You don’t want to be waiting for hours in line to get your shot and potentially miss the shot altogether.
Our small group of just 8 participants means that you won’t be waiting hours. Because Tom is there to guide you - and NOT take photographs for himself - you’ll receive one-on-one tuition whenever you need it. He will assist you with getting the very best from your camera, helping you with light and composition, and teaching you his latest techniques.
4. Small groups mean a strong camaraderie amongst the participants is formed early. Because our groups are small - 6 to 8 participants on each workshop - and because we travel together, friendships form quickly. We all have a fantastic time and because we share the love of photography, there’s always plenty to talk and laugh about. Many friendships have blossomed from our workshops and will continue for many years to come.
5. Our workshops are just that - a workshop not a tour. A tour will take you to the location and leave you to your own devices. Your own your own to find the right places to photograph and get it right in your camera. A workshop is more practical - we’ll take you to the best locations at the right time. But we’ll also show you where the best places are to shoot, and photograph along side you to show you what we’re capturing as a guide for your image making. We’ll be there to assist you with your photograph every step of the way - from setting up your tripod to downloading your images and offering helpful camera and post-processing techniques. That way you’ll come away from our workshop with the best photographs possible.
PROCESSING YOUR IMAGES
When I started photo workshops back in 2005, there were very few people running them.
These days it seems that everyone is doing them!!
So why go on a photo workshop??
Here's my list of TOP 10 reasons to come on my photo workshops:
CALL ME on (03) 8678 1780 - I'd love to talk with you more about the workshops.