This is your ULTIMATE Antarctica experience. Photograph the incredible wildlife and landscapes on this 21 day voyage featuring clean, unspoiled scenery, wildlife, and rich history of the Antarctic Peninsula, as well as the crown jewels of the Southern Ocean: South Georgia and the Falkland Islands.
At this time of year - the height of the Austral Summer and the Sun is up 18 to 20 hours a day, so photo opportunities and sightings of all sorts abound. Penguin chicks are hatching, and you’ll likely see them chasing after any adult penguin that is carrying food. Whale sightings of baleen and toothed whales along the Antarctic Peninsula increase and seal pups can be sighted on the beaches in South Georgia.
Please make sure you:
The Hebridean Sky (formerly the Sea Explorer) underwent a 6.5 million dollar refurbishment. Always known for its effortless elegance, impeccable service and atmosphere of charm and camaraderie, the Hebridean Skycontinues that tradition adding a host of new amenities as well as state of the art stabilization, fuel efficiency, and upgraded communications systems. Its all-suite accommodations and increased adventure options make the Hebridean Sky the perfect blend of luxury and adventurous exploration.
Hebridean Sky is an all-suite yacht accommodating up to 110 guests. Built in 1992, refurbished 2014 and again in 2016, each suite features:
• Exterior views
• Your choice of queen-sized or two twin-sized beds
• Sitting area with sofa and side chair
• Flat Screen TV with DVD/CD player
• Independent temperature controls
• Marble-appointed bathroom with fine toiletries
• Hair dryer
• 220 square feet or more
• Sofa can be converted to bed for third person
In adition Promenade, Deluxe, Veranda & Penthouse Suites include:
• En suite Champagne & Chocolates on Arrival
• Complimentary mini-bar (beer, wine & soft drinks)
• $100 per person Gift Shop credit
• En suite Nespresso machine
Penthouse Suites (325 sq.ft.) and Veranda Suites (260 sq.ft.) feature private balconies.
Great expeditions require great food! Our team of world-class chefs offer breakfast, lunch and dinner menus that change daily. They have boat-loads of creativity, so you are sure to experience a variety of remarkable cuisine throughout your voyage.
• World-Class Cuisine
• Complimentary Wine with Dinner
• Live Entertainment
• Complimentary Coffee/Tea station
• Voyage Photographer
• On-board MD and Facilities
• Dedicated Passenger Service Manager
• Pre-voyage hotel night
• Complimentary Expedition Jacket
• Elevator serving all passenger decks
• Upgraded WIFI Internet
• Library with computers
• Panoramic Top Deck Observation Platform
• Bar/Lounge with Live Entertainment
• Boot Room
• Lounge with Audiovisual Facilities
• DVD Movie Library
Deck plans may very depending on the ship operator.
EXPERIENCE / DIFFICULTY
All our workshops require a good sense of balance and a good level of fitness in order to fully enjoy all the experiences. We regularly walk to fantastic locations for up to an hour at any a time but in one day you could be walking up to 3 to 4 hours in total. This may require walking over uneven ground, rocky surfaces, soft sand, deep snow, up and down hills, rock hopping, hiking to lookouts, etc. Some walks are steep and strenuous, others are on uneven surfaces. To get the best photographs you will be carrying your own backpack with your camera gear, tripod, water and lunch. Whilst we do not look to exclude anyone, being fit is essential to participate fully in the workshop.
WEATHER / SUN
TERMS & CONDITIONS